Enterprise Software RFP Preparation for Better Business Outcomes
Evaluating and selecting new enterprise systems have become more and more difficult. The underlying technologies are changing. Some systems look good on the surface but may not be the best fit for a specific industry. Others may not provide flexibility for the future. Still others may be overkill for small and midsize businesses. Vendor viability, software reliability, and ease of implementation must also be considered.
Choosing the right enterprise system requires an organized approach: collecting operating data, building the business case, analyzing key requirements, screening vendors, and organizing demonstrations. But who has the experience, time, resources and tools to do it right?
Scarlett is the right choice for independent consulting in enterprise software selection and vendor evaluation.
- We own the RFP process. In understanding your business, our software selection consultants focus on the things that make your organization different from others and things that make enterprise software vendors different from one another. We structure these into a comprehensive request for information to use in our initial vendor qualification.
- Getting quickly to a short list. Many buyers make the mistake of starting their software selection projects by talking to vendors. Our software selection consultants, on the other hand, shorten the list of candidate vendors in a three-step process that gets you to the right solution without taking up inordinate amounts of time from your project team.
- Evaluating implementation consultants as well as software vendors. Too many software projects fail, not because the customer chooses the wrong system but because the implementation consulting firm is not qualified. Our vendor introduction and reference-checking phases ensure that you not only have the right system, but the right system implementation consultants as well.
- Absolute and total independence. Because we do not sell software or “partner” with any technology vendors for implementation services, our software selection consultants have the independence and objectivity necessary to give unbiased advice. We sit on your side of the table only.
- No conflict of interest. Nearly all of the free “software evaluation tools” are marketing websites in disguise. They make their money by selling your contact information to vendors as sales leads. In contrast, Scarlett is focused entirely on providing management consulting services. We are not in the lead generation business for vendors.