Microsoft 365 Backup
“With Microsoft 365, it’s your data. You own it. You control it.”
That means if data is accidentally lost, deleted or maliciously attacked, it’s YOUR problem, not Microsoft’s.
Microsoft 365 fits the needs of many organizations perfectly. As a software as a service (SaaS) it is extremely reliable and checks many boxes. However, there is often a misunderstanding between Microsoft’s perceived responsibility and the user’s responsibility when it comes to protecting and retaining Microsoft 365 data.
5 reasons why backing up Microsoft 365 with The Scarlett Group may be critical to your organization:
- Legal & Compliance Requirements: You may need to unexpectedly retrieve emails, files or other types of data pending legal action. Microsoft 365 does have several safety nets with litigation hold, but it may not be robust enough to keep your organization out of legal trouble. If you accidentally delete a user, their on-hold mailbox, personal SharePoint site and OneDrive accounts are also deleted. Depending on legal and compliance requirements (which vary between industries and governments), this can lead to fines, penalties and lengthy legal disputes.
- Accidental Deletion: There are two types of deletions with the Microsoft 365 platform: a soft delete and a hard delete. A soft delete is recoverable, but a hard delete is not. Information lost during a hard delete is irretrievable.
- Retention Policy Gaps: Microsoft 365 has limited backup and retention polices that can help with some situational data losses; however, it is not intended to be a full backup solution. A point-in-time restoration of mailbox items is not offered by Microsoft 365.
- Internal Security Threats: When we think of cybersecurity threats, we generally think of hackers and viruses. However, more organizations are experiencing threats from the inside:
- The threat of a terminated employee deleting critical company data before they depart.
- The threat of a user unknowingly downloading infected files or accidentally leaking usernames or passwords.
- Evidence tampering. Consider the possibility of an employee deliberately deleting incriminating emails or files, keeping information beyond the reach of legal or compliance departments.
- External Security Threats: Malware and viruses like ransomware do serious damage. Often Microsoft 365 backup/recovery functions are inadequate to handle serious attacks. Regular backups outside of Microsoft 365 ensure that you have a separate, uninfected copy of your data and that you can recover quickly.
Why should your organization trust The Scarlett Group with Microsoft 365 Backup Services?
- Experienced Staff: Our staff eats, breathes, and sleeps backup. Since the onset of our managed services, we have emphasized the importance of properly protecting data both in the cloud and on-premise. We have the skills necessary to keep your data secure and redundant.
- Customer-First Approach: Our engineers focus on providing the most efficient plan possible for your managed backup services. We know that many businesses operate on razor-thin margins and have trouble justifying the cost of data backup. We have the capabilities and experience to provide cost-benefit analysis that helps determine whether the service would benefit your organization.
- Rapid Recovery: Attacks and accidents happen. When you lose your data stored in the cloud, you want a partner who will be available at any time to help restore services. With our solution, restoration is rapid and you can ensure that you will face minimal downtime.
- Verified Safety: Our staff only utilizes solutions that come with verified status checks. At any time, you can rest assured that the backups have an accessible status indication. Whenever you need validation that your organization is safe, our technicians can check in the blink of an eye.
- Reliable Backups: One factor that is often missed when evaluating cloud-based backup solutions is the reliability of the backup service itself. While all businesses are prone to the occasional outage, it is critical that your backup provider maintain optimal "uptime" in order to ensure your data is always ready.
The Challenge: Your Microsoft 365 data might be vulnerable.
The Solution: Talk to The Scarlett Group about Microsoft 365 Backup Services.