Vulnerability Testing will provide a renewed level of threat awareness.
Our firm is led by ISACA Certified IT Professionals.
Regular Vulnerability Testing will identify and quantify the security Vulnerability in an organization’s IT environment. Testing will identify risks in network devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, servers and applications. It is automated and focuses on finding potential and known Vulnerabilities on the network - or application-level. It does not exploit the Vulnerability.
Primary Benefits of regular Vulnerability Testing with The Scarlett Group:
- Identify known security exposures before attackers find them
- Create an inventory of all devices on the network, including purpose and system information. This includes vulnerabilities associated with a specific device.
- Create an inventory of all devices in the enterprise to help with planning of upgrades and future assessments
- Define the level of risk that exists on the network
- Establish a business risk/benefit curve and optimize security investments
Vulnerability Testing and Penetration Testing are sometimes assumed to be the same thing. They are not the same. Both may be important and are required for standards such as PCI, HIPAA and ISO 27001.
Penetration testing scope is targeted, and there is always a human factor involved. There is no such thing as an automated penetration test. Vulnerability testing is an automated practice. The cost of a vulnerability test is low compared to penetration testing.
We offer both Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Testing.